Degree of difficulty: medium
Number of guests : 4
Preparation time : 40 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
4-8 rice papers
½ seeded cucumber, cut into strips
2 plum tomatoes, seeded, cut into strips
4 slices of bacon
200g snow crab
40-50 coriander leaves
1 C. Espelette pepper
2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
1 C. tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
Purée of red peppers with ginger:
2 red bell peppers cut into pieces
2 minced garlic cloves
30 g chopped fresh ginger
50ml olive oil
– In a skillet, brown the bacon slices without coloring (half cooked). Let cool then cut into strips.
Mash potatoes :
– In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and brown the ginger without colouring, for about 5 minutes.
– Add the garlic, the red pepper pieces and a little water.
– Cook covered for about 5 minutes.
– Puree in a blender then pass through a sieve. To book.
– Make sure that all the ingredients to stuff the rolls are ready (chopped, roasted, cut into strips and/or seeded if necessary).
– Soak a sheet of rice (or two glued together) in water for 10 to 15 seconds.
– Place the cake(s) on parchment paper and, with a clean cloth, blot up the excess water.
– At the third of the sheet, place the ingredients, starting with the smoked eel then the bacon. Take care to leave about 2-3 centimeters on each side in order to fold the rice paper when forming the roll.
– Add the tomato and cucumber strips.
– Add the crab and the seasonings: Espelette pepper, coriander and roasted and chopped sesame seeds.
– Roll as tightly as possible without tearing the rice paper while folding the sides.
– Repeat the operation for the other three rollers.
– With a sharp knife, slice each roll into pieces about 2-3 centimeters thick.
– In a deep plate, pour a little mashed peppers.
– Place the pieces of spring roll on the mash.
– Add 2-3 drops of BBQ sauce on each bite.
– Finish, if desired, with a little roasted sesame seeds and serve.