Degree of difficulty: easy
Number of guests : 4 to 6 people
Preparation time : 1:30 a.m.
Cooking time : 30 minutes or more, depending on how cooked the Jerusalem artichokes
500g Jerusalem artichokes
500ml chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
150 ml 35% cream, or to taste
5ml dried thyme
Pepper and chives
– Wash, peel and cut the Jerusalem artichokes into cubes (keep them in water with ¼ lemon so that they remain white)
– Coarsely chop the shallot.
– In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sweat the Jerusalem artichokes and shallot for about 5 minutes.
– Add the chicken broth, thyme, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
– Cover and simmer over low heat, gently simmering, for 20 minutes or until the Jerusalem artichokes are cooked. Skim if you want a clear soup.
– Pour everything into a blender (the chef uses a Thermomix). Blend until smooth. Add cream to taste.
– Serve with chopped chives, a piece of pan-fried foie gras or lobster, or with crab cake.