Degree of difficulty: easy
Number of guests : 30 bites
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
230 g fresh or frozen crabmeat cake
100 g fresh or frozen corn kernels, chopped or not
1 C. 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, stem and root
1 C. chopped chives
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 small minced garlic clove, degermed
Salt and pepper
A little vegetable oil
Espelette or cayenne pepper, to taste
– Mix all the ingredients by hand in a bowl. Knead well for 5 minutes.
– Make patties about 1½ inch thick by pressing the mixture between your fingers.
– In a small oiled frying pan, brown each crab cake well on all sides.
– Crab cakes keep in the freezer for 1 month, or 3-4 days in the fridge.
Suggested assembly for a sofa:
– Before serving, heat the crab cakes for a few minutes at 325°F, add 1 slice of apple, 1 coriander sprout, a hint of green sauce.
– Or serve simply with a coriander sauce.